Launch of 2019 China UK Entrepreneur Competition
Time: Wed, 8 May 2019 | 17:30 – 21:00
Venue: Cocoon Global, 4 Christopher Street , London EC2A 2BS
Join us for the launch of this prestigious competition, organised by the Ying De Group and Cocoon Global. Now in its twelfth year, the competition is part of the PMI2 (Prime Minister Initiative II) Connect project and has so far attracted entries from more than 200 teams in total. It fosters collaboration between China and the UK in both business and education, and encourages the teams involved to develop innovative business ideas that could potentially deliver economic impact for both countries.
Focusing on the theme of innovation particularly around the area of FinTech, the event progam will include:
- a keynote address by Chinese Government officials from Chengdu
- a talk from Ying De on the new Innovator scheme from the UK government
- a panel dicsussion on Innovation and tokenisation for London
- the release of Novum’s new report
- the unveiling of the new brand name of C4DR, who will also provide mentoring to the Competition winners
The evening will end with food, drinks and networking.
Confirmed speakers / panelists so far include:
- Chinese Government officials from Chengdu
- Professor Xiong Yu, Northumbria University
- David Johnson, Ying De
- Eric Van Der Kleij, C4DR
- Jules Ratcliffe, C4DR
- Nick Searle, C4DR
- Rob Gaskell, 2030
- Alain Falys, Keybox
- Toby Lewis, Novum
- Manjula Lee, World Wide Generation
- David Cunningham, Data Hub
- Jennifer Chung, Active Ledger
- Omaid Hiwaizi, Dworks
Click here to register.
Due to limited places, we regret that we would only be able to allocate the reservations on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Photographs and videos will be taken at our events for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to appear in any of our marketing materials, please inform a member of the Ying De team at the start of the event.
Contact us for further questions about the event or the new Innovator scheme.